It’s Time To Recover
About Our Facility and Programs
Specialized medical detox and residential treatment programs that offer 24-hour support and monitoring in a highly structured and safe environment.
With ITTR, you can count on the highest level of care for stability, mental health treatment, and intensive medical care.
If you are looking for a Malibu opiate detox program, contact ITTR in Anaheim, CA. Let us help you take your life back.
What Is An Opiate?
Opiates and related drugs are extracted from the seeds of a poppy or created in laboratories. Poppy seeds contain morphine, codeine, and other drugs. Synthetics include:
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
- Oxycodone (Percodan, OxyContin)
Opiates that have similar effects on your body but have different chemical structures are:
- Meperidine (Demerol)
- Propoxyphene (Darvon)
Doctors often prescribe these pharmaceuticals to treat pain in their patients. Narcotics are excellent at relieving pain, but they are often overused and abused. Many people begin their addiction to opiates from a prescription received from their physician. These types of drugs are very easy to abuse because they can reduce anxiety, suppress pain as well as produce a "high" when the user takes a more massive dose.
Do I Need A Medical Detox for Opiate Abuse?
If you try to stop taking painkillers "cold turkey," it can be dangerous to your health. A Malibu Opiate Detox facility can help you. Medical detox programs are designed to help patients through the opiate withdrawal process. It is essential to have a structured program that will help you.
If you are physically dependent on opioid painkillers, you will feel like you need to continue taking them to feel normal. You will develop a tolerance to the medication and need to take more and more to achieve the same results continually. When you suddenly stop taking the drug, you can develop symptoms of withdrawal.
After a successful detox, your body and mind can begin the healing process. It is essential to realize that once you have completed your detox program, you have finished a vital step in the recovery process.
What Are the Symptoms Of Opiate Withdrawal And How Long Does It Take?
There are four stages of opiate withdrawal:
- Early Acute
- Fully Developed Acute
- Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS)
There are several things to consider when you begin your Malibu Opiate Detox program. Everyone will experience withdrawal and detox differently. There are several things to take into consideration what drugs, how long, and how much you have been using.
- Three to four hours after your last dose of the drug, you have increased anxiety and are beginning to feel the early signs of withdrawal symptoms. This is the anticipatory stage.
- The early acute stage will typically begin in eight to ten hours after the last dose, you might experience flu-like symptoms, and you will still have cravings.
- About one to three days after your last dose, you will enter the fully-developed acute stage. Cravings are intense, you might have increased blood pressure, tremors, muscle spasms.
- PAWS can last up to 24 months and consist of mood swings, drug dreams, depression, insomnia, and poor concentration. There is a host of other problems that also occur. It is during this time when most people relapse because they are still susceptible to environmental triggers.
Contact ITTR and let us help you overcome your addiction.